The Alaska Chapter of The Wildlife Society is offering student travel grants to attend the 2019 Annual Meeting. Travel grant applications must be received no later than midnight on December 21, 2018. Grant recipients will be selected on a competitive basis and notified no later than xxx, 2019.
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- Student must be presenting a paper (poster or oral)
Priority will be given to students presenting final results and/or graduating during 2019
- Award amount will be prorated based on travel distance
– Fairbanks (or out of state) ≈ $500 + Registration fee waived
– Southeast Alaska ≈ Registration fee waived
– Southcentral Alaska ≈ $300 + Registration fee waived
- Travel grant recipients may be asked to assist with miscellaneous meeting tasks.
Approximately $2,000 in travel funds will be allocated. This grant will likely be less than actual expenses (airfare, lodging, meals, and registration). The intent is to make it feasible for many students to travel, not to pay the entire cost for a few. Students are responsible for obtaining the balance needed, which may include using your own funds.
An e-mail will be sent confirming that your travel grant application has been received. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Once you submit your travel grant application, you will be redirected to submit your abstract. If you have already submitted your abstract then completion of this travel grant application is all that is required.
Deadline for travel grants: Midnight, December 21, 2018