The Alaska Chapter of The Wildlife Society is offering travel grants to attend the 2019 Annual Meeting. Travel grant applications must be received no later than midnight on January 1, 2019. Grant recipients will be selected on a competitive basis and notified no later than January 18, 2019.
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible, as are seasonal employees and early career professionals. Early career professionals (with less than 3 years employment) and seasonal employees must be graduates of a college-level wildlife or directly related curricula.
- Applicant must be presenting a paper (poster or oral)
Priority will be given to students presenting final results and/or graduating during 2019
- Award amount will be prorated based on travel distance
– Interior/Northern Alaska (or out of state) ≈ $500 + Registration fee waived
– Juneau/Southeast Alaska ≈ Registration fee waived
– Southwest/Southcentral Alaska ≈ $300 + Registration fee waived
- Travel grant recipients may be asked to assist with miscellaneous meeting tasks.
- University affiliated student groups or clubs focusing on wildlife biology and natural resource management are eligible to apply.
- Students applying for Group Funding are also eligible to apply for Individual Funding assuming they meet the application criteria.
Approximately $3,000 in travel funds will be allocated. This grant will likely be less than actual expenses (airfare, lodging, meals, and registration). The intent is to make it feasible for many applicants to travel, not to pay the entire cost for a few. Applicants are responsible for obtaining the additional balance needed, which may include using your own funds.
An e-mail will be sent confirming that your travel grant application has been received. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Once you submit your travel grant application, you will be redirected to submit your abstract. If you have already submitted your abstract then completion of this travel grant application is all that is required.
Deadline for travel grants: Midnight, January 1, 2019 *application period is closed*