The Alaska Chapter of The Wildlife Society is offering travel grants to attend the 2020 Annual Meeting. Applications must be received no later than midnight on December 1, 2019. Grant recipients will be selected on a competitive basis and notified no later than December 20, 2019.
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible, as are seasonal employees and early career professionals (with less than 3 years employment). Early career professionals and seasonal employees must be graduates of a college-level wildlife or directly related curricula
- Applicant must be presenting a poster or oral presentation
- Applicant must be a TWS Alaska Chapter Member
- Priority will be given to students presenting final results and/or graduating in 2020
- Recipients must be willing to assist with miscellaneous meeting tasks
Award amount will be prorated based on travel distance:
– Interior/Northern Alaska (or out of state) ≈ $300 + Registration fee waived
– Juneau/Southeast Alaska ≈ $500 + Registration fee waived
– Southwest/Southcentral Alaska ≈ Registration fee waived
- University affiliated student groups or clubs focusing on wildlife biology and natural resource management are eligible to apply
- Students applying for Group Funding are also eligible to apply for Individual Funding assuming they meet the application criteria
Approximately $3,000 in travel funds will be allocated. This grant will likely be less than actual expenses (airfare, lodging, meals, and registration). The intent is to make it feasible for many applicants to travel, not to pay the entire cost for a few. Applicants are responsible for obtaining the additional balance needed, which may include using your own funds.
An e-mail will be sent confirming that your travel grant application has been received. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Once you submit your travel grant application, you will be redirected to submit your abstract. If you have already submitted your abstract then completion of this travel grant application is all that is required.
Deadline for travel grants: Midnight, December 1, 2019